3.20.2009

First Post!

So I have decided to start a blog...amazing! Things in my life get SO crazy with school that I felt it would be easier for everyone to keep up with me if I could post my stories in one place. I have never been much of journal-keeper, as I think it takes too long to write...maybe typing will be better! I love looking back at things I have written, on the rare occasion it happened, and hopefully this will be a way for me to have more memories to look back at.

At this point, I am not even worried about my last 6 weeks of school...it's what starts on May 11th that I'm nervous about. Boards. Every second year med student (or any doctor, for that matter), knows exactly the little drop in my stomach that happens whenever I hear that word. For those that don't know, every med student has to take this exam after the end of second year, which covers all the material from my first two years, in order to go on to third year and be a doctor. It is 5 1/2 weeks of studying and then the big test...June 17th. People who know me well know that I do NOT do long term study well...I hardly do short term study well. This has been a major hurdle these past two years, but med school is nothing compared to studying for boards. 5 1/2 weeks, 6 days a week, 10 hours per day. Oh. My. Gosh. Not sure what I'll do; totally ready for it to be the worst 6 weeks of my life and I'm just praying that I can get through it.

2 comments:

Mandi Merritt said...

Yay Best Friend!! I'm so excited you've set up a blog! Keep with it, I'm looking forward to following your journey :)

Mandi Merritt said...

More posts needed Dr. Heather!!!!