6.06.2009

Home stretch...

In exactly 11 days this whole thing will be over. I can't believe there actually IS an end...it feels like I've been doing this forever and will continue to do it forever. But no, in a week and a half, it will be over, for better or for worse, and then I get to wait 3-6 weeks to get my score.

It has been kind of up and down this week. Some days I felt like I had at least heard of the things I was studying and felt good about it and excited to learn, and sometimes I was so frustrated and confused and clueless that it sucked. On those days I usually took 2-3 20min naps right on my book in the library. I literally just passed out. I don't have many more days that that can happen though. I study new things Mon-Wed, have Thursday off, take a full length practice test on Friday, review EVERYTHING for 3 1/2 days straight, and take the test on Wednesday. I'm sure I'll be too keyed up and have too much to get through in those last few days to be able to sleep.

The problem with this test is that I have to study for so long before I take it. I do NOT remember things long term very well...3 days is fine, but weeks is a major problem. So at this point, I am forgetting a lot of the things that I already learned, and it is definately showing in my practice test scores. Hopefully I can get through everything in the 3 1/2 days I have to review, and hopefully I learned it well enough whenever I studied it this past month to have it come back pretty quick, but I'm concerned. Nothing I can really do but keep plugging along!

1 comment:

Mandi Merritt said...

Hang in there!

I'll try to call you later tonight, if I forget, call me if you are free. We haven't had a chance to catch up in a while!