4.15.2009

Scheduling

So I've found out most of my schedule for next year! I don't know which hospitals I will be at yet, but here is what I know:

June-August: Internal Medicine (inpatient and outpatient)
September-October: Family & Community Medicine
November-December: Pediatrics
January-March: Psychiatry/Neurology
April: Elective
May-June: Surgery/OB/Gyn

I will find out more specifics later (if I start with Psychiatry in January or with Neurology in January; same idea for Surgery and OB/Gyn in May), but I'm excited to even have this! This was not my first choice of schedule, but there are a lot of good things about it. I don't have Medicine and Surgery back to back (all the other scheduling options did; they are the 2 most difficult and time-consuming), I have Medicine and Surgery in the summer (so when I have to be awake at 4 or 5am the sun might be up), I have Family in the fall (I'm thinking of going out of town for that session and it won't be too cold in the fall), etc. I can't wait to find out what hospitals I will be at...I find out in about 3 weeks! Yay!

1 comment:

Mandi Merritt said...

Whew, OB really got pushed to the bottom. Can't wait to see what you end up loving!