Quick re-cap: my last week of Psych was really fun. It was a consultation service, so we were visiting patients who were in the hospital for non-psych reasons or for suicide attempts. Their primary physicians thought there was something psychiatric going on (either causing their problem or a separate problem that needed to be addressed) and wanted our opinion on what to do about it. It was nice to sit, talk the patients about what they thought was going on or what was bothering them, make a recommendation, and walk away. I didn't have to continue to see the patient and be frustrated that they weren't getting better. I do not think I will end up in psych, but I did enjoy a lot of things about it.
I started Neuro today; it was just orientation and a lecture on neuroimaging. I am pretty excited to be at the hospital I am for this rotation. It is world-renowned for neurology, and I know I will learn so much and see so many interesting cases. The only thing I am worried about is liking neurology so much that it throws another wrench in my attempt to figure out what I want to do with my life!
This last weekend was very nice- no studying, no plans, no responsibilities! I had wanted to go on a mini-vacation, but that wasn't in the cards, so I made the best of staying at home! I saw my sister's volleyball team take first place in their tournament, saw my best friend who had just gotten into town, had a little Super Bowl party, and tried to sleep in as much as possible. It's sad to be back at school already, but being excited about this rotation helps me get through it!
No comments:
Post a Comment